Dear Prayer Partners,
Shalom from Jerusalem!
As we close out 2021 and begin 2022, I would like to thank you for standing alongside us during these uncertain times. As we look ahead to a new calendar year, the staff and I felt it would be beneficial to devote this letter to prayer requests we have for the entire year. I look forward to share with you the ways God answered these requests at the end of 2022!
I also invite you to join our team in reading the Bible through the year together. In Proverbs 2:1-5 its says: “My son, if you will receive my words and treasure my commandments within you. Make your ear attentive to wisdom; Incline your heart to understanding. For if you cry out for insight, and raise your voice for understanding; If you seek her as silver and search for her as for hidden treasures; Then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and discover the knowledge of God.”
I believe that as we read the Word of God from beginning (Genesis) to end (Revelation) again and again, and as we dig deep into it, we will indeed find some great hidden treasures; we will gain a much better understanding of who God is, and His plan for our lives, as well as for the lives of those around us. It will also strengthen the foundation of our faith, based on truth versus feelings, which come and go.
I am looking forward to praying with you and reading His Word together in this upcoming year! If you would like to receive our plan for reading the Bible in a year, please email us at email@example.com.
May you have a blessed 2022, where you grow in the grace and the knowledge of our God.
PLEASE JOIN US IN INTERCEDING ON BEHALF OF ISRAEL FOR:
Please pray that the government will seek wisdom from the Lord in all fronts. Please pray that corruption will continue to be rooted out, and that those who truly desire to serve the people will be elected. Please pray for:
- wisdom regarding Israel's security, particularly the pressing Iranian issue,
- wisdom in leading Israel out of the pandemic,
- building more diplomatic ties with Muslim nations in the region,
- establishing an equitable system of checks and balances to keep the government in check,
- lowering the extremely high cost of living in Israel, and getting more families out of poverty,
- finding viable solutions to reopen Israel to tourists, and thus reviving this hurting industry that employs hundreds of thousands of Israelis.
Iran is the most pressing threat to Israel this coming year. With the Iranian nuclear program slowly but surely progressing, the clock is ticking on finding diplomatic solutions to the problem. Israeli officials have made it clear they will not allow Iran to achieve their nuclear weapon ambitions, even if it means engaging a military option. The other areas of concern are Iranian-backed militia groups that can easily attack Israel from just over the borders of Lebanon, Syria, and Gaza. Iranian-backed Hamas is reportedly re-arming for another round of missile attacks on Israel, which could come at a moment's notice. Please pray for:
- a miracle of diplomacy in getting Iran to hault its nuclear program,
- the Lord's wisdom for Israeli military officials if diplomacy fails and a military attack on Iran becomes necessary,
- preparation for possible conflict with Hamas at any time, and for the protection of civilians in both Israel and Gaza,
- protection over Israel's soldiers who protect God's Land and people every single day,
- revival in the hearts of all Israel's enemies, that they would see they are fighting the God of Israel and come to know Him through Messiah Yeshua
Tel Aviv was ranked the world's most expensive city in which to live at the end of 2021. This reflects the high cost of living throughout the entire country. Israelis pay 17% VAT (sales tax) on everything we buy, and rising inflation is putting more families under the poverty line. This situation is expected to grow worse in 2022. The widening gap between the rich and poor in the country is especially concerning, as the middle class continues to shrink. Please pray for:
- effective government policies that will ease the high cost of living for Israeli families,
- viable solutions for increasing salaries to meet the high cost of living,
- an increased ability for NGOs and non-profits to help struggling families,
- a strong economic recovery for Israel, especially in the tourism sector, and for those who seek work, to find jobs
Coronavirus in Israel
As we enter the third year of the pandemic, Israelis are emotionally and mentally exhausted from the rounds of lockdowns and uncertainty in our day-to-day lives. While there is disappointment that the vaccines were not as effective as hoped, Israel looks forward to employing effective treatments for COVID infections. Israel entered its 5th wave of infections at the end of 2021, and hopes that 2022 brings renewed possibilities to emerge from the pandemic. Please pray for:
- healing for all currently infected,
- that Israel's medical system will effectively handle rising hospitalizations, and not be overwhelmed,
- renewal for all the doctors, nurses, and healthcare adminstrators who have worked tirelessly to treat Israel's COVID patients,
- more effective treatments of COVID in 2022, and that Israel will avoid any further lockdowns, which bring stress to body, mind, and spirit.
FOLLOWING ARE SOME MINISTRY REQUESTS FOR HOPE FOR ISRAEL:
With much uncertainty around traveling to teach and hosting tour groups in Israel, Moran will continue to seek wisdom about planning the year ahead. Please pray for:
- wisdom regarding all areas of the ministry, that he would receive clear direction in making important decisions
- implementation the vision God laid on his heart for both ministry and family for 2022
- peace, patience, insight, & clarity in his day-to-day responsibilities
- regular time of rest & renewal for him, his wife, and children
- clear guidance regarding his travel schedule during such an uncertain time
- sustainance for studying & writing his weekly Scripture commentaries
HFI Board Members & Staff
- for a blessing over our board members and staff who devote much time and energy to executing our vision for the ministry,
- for protection over their families while they serve,
- for wisdom for the board members as they will make decisions that impact the ministry in tangible ways,
- for Bill Katz, our U.S. representative, for new open doors in 2022, many fruitful teaching opportunities, and for him to develop new partnerships while nurturing established partnerships,
- for renewed sense of commitment to God's calling in each board member and staff member's life,
- for God to bring us people to fill employment positions in 2022
Threefold Vision for Empowering the Future Generation
Please pray for:
- overall cohesion among Moran, Tigist, and the team: Emunah, Ro'i, Sapir, & Anavah
- effective development and training this coming year for the staff and volunteers in the various departments
- unity in the hearts of the team as they seek to implement the vision that the Lord has given them
NerYah Youth Group:
- that the youth will truly internalize this year's theme "Truly Set Free" and understand what it means to be free in Messiah
- for active youth participation beyond the weekly meetings
- for creative solutions in the event that in-person meetings cannot be held due to COVID
- for the youth to form deep, meaningful connections with one another this coming year
- that the youth will deepen their personal walk with the Lord and follow after Him no matter what
- for transparency among the youth to share their struggles, doubts, and concerns, and they would not feel they need to "perform" their faith to impress others
- to hear the soldiers more openly and transparently about their challenges in the military service, and give them a safe place to unload their challenges and receive encouragement,
- to build a deep connection between the soldiers in the group so that they understand they are not alone,
- for the soldiers to be strengthened and encouraged while identifying with the common challenges they all go through,
- that the soldiers will feel a sense of belonging to the larger threefold vision, which supports and empowers them, especially as sometimes in the military, one can feel disconnected from the Body of Messiah.
- for more team volunteers to work with the believing soldiers
Post-Military & University Students:
- to provide a place where the young believing adults can consult, talk in various fields ranging from studies, employment and of course questions about faith,
- workshops and lectures - this year to be active in the field of workshops on various topics such as: managing finances, finding a job, building a resume, effective study skills, and more. Give them tools to deal with real life issues that are relevant to them,
- for the students to believe in themselves and in what God has given them, and be a light in their universities,
- for young professionals to influence their workplaces and enter very important places of influence in the country such as organizations, government ministries, and more.
- to hold meetings for targeted populations, such as women / men / married couples so they can open up, support one another, and be encouraged by each other.
- believing men's and women's meetings across the various stages of the threefold vision, where the youth, soldiers, veterans, and students are invited to take an active part in learning from & encouraging each other.
HFI Media Projects
Our various media projects - visual, written, or otherwise - not only keep people connected to HFI, but also help educate people about Israel's spiritual and historical significance. In a day and age where many people oppose Israel, we see advocating for both Israel and what the Word of God says about Israel as top priorities. Please pray for:
- wisdom for Elad, Moran, Nate, Lior, & Melissa as they seek to produce innovative and creative material for social media and the website,
- increased engagement with our target audience on various social media platforms
- professional, up-to-date, and aesthetic platforms,
- increased engagement & greater exposure for videos, especially our "Beyond the Headlines" project,
- creating a grassroots movement of Israel advocacy via YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram,
- informative & interesting articles and other original material that will educate our audience and encourage their spiritual development,
- updating our website and messaging in the coming year.
Israel has been virtually closed to tour groups since March 2020, with very few exceptions. We continue to seek His guidance in this area, especially in 2022. These tours historically cover ministry overhead, so that a higher percentage of donations can go to projects. Please pray for:
- wisdom for Moran as he continues to make challenging decisions regarding the tour operations,
- BJ for wisdom, flexibility, and patience in working with all those involved in rescheduling tours from 2020,
- a strong candidate to fill the position of Tour Coordinator in our Israel office,
- continued provision to sustain the tour operations in 2022, if it is God's will
God has been so faithful in providing for the ministry's operating and project costs! We ask that you pray that He will continue to do so in 2022, and that we will be able to bless more Israelis than ever this coming year!
Thank you for joining us in prayer for these things! May the LORD bless you in the coming year!
In His Service,
The Hope for Israel Prayer Team