Dear Prayer Partners,
Israel began 2022 at the peak of the 5th wave of COVID. This wave, sparked by the Omicron variant, stretched Israel in many ways. The health system was reportedly on the verge of collapse as Israel logged the highest number of infections ever since the onset of the pandemic in March 2020. However, the number of people that died as a result of this wave was much lower, which is something many other countries reported as well. There were also interesting developments with the Palestinian Authority, which came as a surprise, because official announcements came only after the fact. PA president, Mahmoud Abbas, quietly met with Israeli Defense Minister, Benny Gantz, at Gantz's residence. Then Israeli Foreign Minister, Yair Lapid, met with a top Palestinian official, again without much fanfare. We should keep a watchful eye on how things will develop with the Palestinian Authority in 2022.
PLEASE JOIN US IN PRAYING FOR:
Former Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's corruption trial continues, with talks of a possible plea bargain on the table. Israelis are divided about a plea deal, and there is concern it could continue to erode the public's trust in the government. Please continue to pray that the government will seek wisdom from the Lord on all fronts. Please pray that corruption will continue to be rooted out, and that those who truly desire to serve the people will be elected. Please pray for:
- wisdom regarding Israel's security, particularly the pressing Iranian issue,
- wisdom in leading Israel out of the pandemic,
- building more diplomatic ties with Muslim nations in the region,
- establishing an equitable system of checks and balances to keep the government in check,
- lowering the extremely high cost of living in Israel, and getting more families out of poverty.
Iran continues to be Israel's most pressing threat. With the Iranian nuclear program slowly but surely progressing, the clock is ticking on finding diplomatic solutions to the problem. Israeli officials have made it clear they will not allow Iran to achieve their nuclear weapon ambitions, even if it means engaging a military option. Iranian-backed militia groups that can easily attack Israel from just over the borders of Lebanon, Syria, and Gaza continue to be of concern as well. Iranian-backed Hamas is reportedly re-arming for another round of missile attacks on Israel, which could come at a moment's notice. Please pray for:
- the Lord's wisdom for Israeli military officials if diplomacy fails and a military attack on Iran becomes necessary,
- preparation for possible conflict with Hamas at any time, and for the protection of civilians in both Israel and Gaza,
- protection over Israel's soldiers who protect God's Land and people every single day,
- revival in the hearts of all Israel's enemies, that they would see they are fighting the God of Israel and come to know Him through Messiah Yeshua
More families continue to fall under the poverty line, especially with rising inflation and low, unsustainable wages. The widening gap between the rich and poor in the country is especially concerning, as the middle class continues to shrink. Families really feel the sharp increase in food prices, and the government has threatened to step in to curb the rise if food companies do not lower prices. Please pray for:
- effective government policies that will ease the high cost of living for Israeli families,
- viable solutions for increasing salaries to meet the high cost of living,
- an increased ability for NGOs and non-profits to help struggling families,
- a strong economic recovery for Israel, especially in the tourism sector, and for those who seek work, to find jobs
Coronavirus in Israel
Israel's 5th wave of infection seems to be receding, as the number of daily infections lowers. Israel is also mulling getting rid of its Green Pass system, which allows certain privileges to vaccinated and recovered people. Like in many countries throughout the world, Israelis are emotionally and mentally exhausted from the rounds of lockdowns and uncertainty in our day-to-day lives. We are hopeful that the coming months will give us some relief from the virus, but if history has taught us anything, we should be cautiously optimistic. Please pray for:
- healing for all currently infected,
- that Israel's medical system will effectively handle rising hospitalizations, and not be overwhelmed,
- renewal for all the doctors, nurses, and healthcare adminstrators who have worked tirelessly to treat Israel's COVID patients,
- more effective treatments of COVID in 2022, and that Israel will avoid any further lockdowns, which bring stress to body, mind, and spirit.
HFI Prayer requests:
Moran is excited to welcome the first Experience Israel Tour since 2020 at the end of the month! While we know that things can change unexpectedly, he is very hopeful that this tour will be a successful one. He is preparing the teachings for the trip, and is also busy with logisitcal preparations. Please pray for:
- wisdom regarding all areas of the ministry, that he would receive clear direction in making important decisions
- implementation the vision God laid on his heart for both ministry and family for 2022
- peace, patience, insight, & clarity in his day-to-day responsibilities
- regular time of rest & renewal for him, his wife, and children
- clear guidance regarding his travel schedule in 2022
- sustainance for studying & writing his weekly Scripture commentaries
HFI Board Members & Staff
- for a blessing over our board members and staff who devote much time and energy to executing our vision for the ministry,
- for protection over their families while they serve,
- for wisdom for the board members as they will make decisions that impact the ministry in tangible ways,
- for Bill Katz, our U.S. representative, for new open doors in 2022, many fruitful teaching opportunities, and for him to develop new partnerships while nurturing established partnerships,
- for renewed sense of commitment to God's calling in each board member and staff member's life,
- for God to bring us an Operations Manager who will function as second-in-command in our Jerusalem office
Threefold Vision for Empowering the Future Generation
Please pray for:
- overall cohesion among Moran, Tigist, and the team: Emunah, Ro'i, Sapir, & Anavah
- effective development and training this coming year for the staff and volunteers in the various departments
- unity in the hearts of the team as they seek to implement the vision that the Lord has given them
NerYah Believing Youth Group:
- that the youth will continue to truly internalize this year's theme "Truly Set Free" and understand what it means to be free in Messiah
- for active youth participation beyond the weekly meetings
- for the youth to form deep, meaningful connections with one another this coming year
- that the youth will deepen their personal walk with the Lord and follow after Him no matter what
- for transparency among the youth to share their struggles, doubts, and concerns, and they would not feel they need to "perform" their faith to impress others
- for wisdom for the counselors, as they guide the youth through some difficult things right now.
- to hear the believing soldiers more openly and transparently about their challenges in the military service, and give them a safe place to unload their challenges and receive encouragement,
- to build a deep connection between the soldiers in the group so that they understand they are not alone,
- for the soldiers to be strengthened and encouraged while identifying with the common challenges they all go through,
- for more soldiers to attend the meetings so that they are encouraged & refreshed
- for more team volunteers to work with the believing soldiers
Post-Military & University Students:
- for the exam season, for focus and clear thinking while under stress,
- for Anavah, our new coordinator for the students, for wisdom and focus as she works on developing workshops and lectures that will give the students tools to deal with real life issues that are relevant to them,
- for the students to believe in themselves and in what God has given them, and be a light in their universities,
- for young professionals to influence their workplaces and enter very important places of influence in the country such as organizations, government ministries, and more.
- to hold meetings for targeted populations, such as women / men / married couples so they can open up, support one another, and be encouraged by each other.
- believing men's and women's meetings across the various stages of the threefold vision, where the youth, soldiers, veterans, and students are invited to take an active part in learning from & encouraging each other.
HFI Media Projects
Our various media projects - visual, written, or otherwise - not only keep people connected to HFI, but also help educate people about Israel's spiritual and historical significance. In a day and age where many people oppose Israel, we see advocating for both Israel and what the Word of God says about Israel as top priorities. Please pray for:
- wisdom for Elad, Moran, Nate, Lior, & Melissa as they seek to produce innovative and creative material for social media and the website,
- increased engagement with our target audience on various social media platforms
- professional, up-to-date, and aesthetic platforms,
- increased engagement & greater exposure for videos, especially our "Beyond the Headlines" project,
- creating a grassroots movement of Israel advocacy via YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram,
- informative & interesting articles and other original material that will educate our audience and encourage their spiritual development,
- updating our website and messaging in the coming year.
We continue to seek His guidance in this area, especially in 2022. These tours historically cover ministry overhead, so that a higher percentage of donations can go to projects. We are very excited to host our first tour this month, the Experience Israel Study Tour! We hope it will be the first of many tours in 2022! Please pray for:
- wisdom for Moran as he continues to make challenging decisions regarding the tour operations,
- BJ for wisdom, flexibility, and patience in working with all those involved in rescheduling tours from 2020,
- a strong candidate to fill the position of Tour Coordinator in our Israel office,
- continued provision to sustain the tour operations in 2022, if it is God's will
God has been so faithful in providing for the ministry's operating and project costs! We ask that you pray that He will continue to do so in 2022, and that we will be able to bless more Israelis than ever this coming year!
Thank you for joining us in prayer for these things! May the LORD bless you!
In His Service,
The Hope for Israel Prayer Team