The last month of summer vacation is upon us. Many Israelis are traveling, while others are vacationing at home with their families. Current tensions in the south along the Gaza Strip are putting a damper on the entire country, amid concerns of an impending military confrontation with militant groups, namely Palestinian Islamic Jihad. There is always much to be in prayer for, and we ask that you intercede on behalf of Israel and Hope for Israel this coming month.
PLEASE JOIN US IN PRAYING FOR:
Elections are set to take place November 1. These will be Israel’s 5th elections in 3 ½ years. Former PM Netanyahu has announced he will be running with the Likud party. He is currently on trial for corruption during his past stint as Prime Minister. His strongest challengers will be current interim PM Lapid, and current Defense Minister Gantz. These elections come at a time when Israel faces certain internal and external threats. Please pray for:
- the next government to be one that seeks the good of the Israeli people and not their own political ambitions
- strength & wisdom for Israelis who are quite tired from the political instability
- practical ways to help Israelis to recover from the pandemic,
- building more diplomatic ties with Muslim nations in the region,
- establishing an equitable system of checks and balances to keep the government from overreaching,
- lowering the extremely high cost of living in Israel, and getting more families out of poverty.
Tensions are very high between Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) and Israel. The IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) arrested PIJ’s top commander in Jenin in a complex operation, and PIJ is vowing to launch an imminent attack in response. The IDF is preparing for a confrontation and roads in southern Israel are closed out of concern that PIJ will attack civilians as they travel. Some reservists have been called up to prepare for a possible operation. Concern remains very high regarding Iran and its rogue nuclear ambitions. Israel has vowed to do whatever is necessary to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon. Please pray for:
- the Lord's wisdom for Israeli military officials if diplomacy fails and a military attack on Iran becomes necessary,
- preparation for possible conflict with Hamas at any time, and for the protection of civilians in both Israel and Gaza,
- protection over Israel's soldiers who protect God's Land and people every single day,
- revival in the hearts of all Israel's enemies, that they would see they are fighting the God of Israel and come to know Him through Messiah Yeshua
Concern for Israeli youth continues to grow. More and more youth are engaging in destructive and dangerous behavior throughout the country. The general level of uncertainty that Israelis face is quite high, and many youth are struggling with anxiety, depression, loneliness, and other mental health disorders. Please continue to pray for:
- increased access to mental health wellness professionals for the youth
- higher level of parental involvement in the lives of their children
- wisdom for school administrators and teachers who are overwhelmed by the situation
- a breakthrough in the lives of Israel’s youth
This last month of summer vacation can be a challenge for parents as they seek childcare while they work. August is traditionally a month where summer camps that were operating in July are dormant and daycare centers close to give vacation time to the staff. While many families travel during this month, many are not able to travel and must continue to work. As school begins September 1, families are also getting their children school supplies and books, which can be expensive. Please pray for:
- safety of Israelis traveling abroad
- refreshing time for families and individuals whether at home or abroad
- viable childcare for families this month
- provision for families as they prepare for “back-to-school”
HFI Prayer requests:
We continue to prayerfully seek the Lord’s wisdom and guidance to implement a renewed vision. Please join us in praying for:
Moran and his family are wrapping up a very fruitful ministry trip to the USA this month. Once back in Israel, Moran will reconnect with the staff in our office and prepare for the coming academic year with the NerYah youth group staff. Please pray for:
- wisdom regarding all areas of the ministry, that he would receive clear direction in making important decisions
- safe travels back to Israel for he and his family
- health, rest, and renewal for him, his wife, and children upon returning home
- sustainance for studying & writing his weekly Scripture commentaries
HFI Board Members & Staff
- for a blessing over our board members and staff who devote much time and energy to executing our vision for the ministry,
- for protection over their families while they serve,
- for two of our board members who have lost their wives this past year, for comfort and strength
- for wisdom for the board members as they will make decisions that impact the ministry in tangible ways,
- for Bill Katz, our U.S. representative, for health & traveling mercies; for protection over his wife and daughter while he is traveling; for fruitful meetings and speaking engagements
- for God to bring us an Operations Manager in our Jerusalem office to oversee the daily operations of the ministry in Israel
Threefold Vision for Empowering the Future Generation of Believers
Please pray for:
- wisdom for the staff as they implement the summer schedule
- wisdom for planning next year’s program, which begins in September
- unity in the hearts of the team
- volunteer counselors for next year’s program
NerYah Youth Group: The youth group continues to be on summer hiatus, but there are some remaining summer activities this month. Please pray for:
- fruitful fellowship for the youth over the summer
- opportunities for the youth to minister to one another and avoid boredom over the break
- a time of deep rest after this challenging year
- Spiritual, physical, and mental protection for our soldiers who are at various bases in the country
- Wisdom for the soldiers' coordinators to know how we can streamline our monthly meetings.
- That God will encourage the soldiers and speak to them even while they are at the base detached from any believing framework.
Post-Military & University Students:
- for a time of rest for students after all final papers and exams have been submitted this month
- for young professionals to influence their workplaces and enter very important places of influence in the country such as organizations, government ministries, and more.
- For wisdom for the coordinators as we are changing the scholarship format for next year.
HFI Media Projects
Our various media projects - visual, written, or otherwise - not only keep people connected to HFI, but also help educate people about Israel's spiritual and historical significance. In a day and age where many people oppose Israel, we see advocating for both Israel and what the Word of God says about Israel as top priorities. Please pray for:
- wisdom for Elad, Moran, Nate, Lior, & Melissa as they seek to produce innovative and creative material for social media and the website,
- increased engagement with our target audience on various social media platforms
- increased engagement & greater exposure for videos, especially our "Beyond the Headlines" project,
- a video crew that we can work with in Israel to generate new content
- creating a grassroots movement of Israel advocacy via YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram,
- informative & interesting articles and other original material that will educate our audience and encourage their spiritual development,
- updating our website and messaging.
One of the main objectives of our tour operation is to cover ministry overhead, so that a higher percentage of donations can go to projects. We are so grateful that Israel is fully opened to all travelers, regardless of vaccination status! Please pray for:
- wisdom for Moran as he continues to make challenging decisions regarding the tour operations,
- BJ for wisdom, flexibility, and patience as she handles the complex coordination of these tours from the USA. We also welcome Beverly to our US Tour coordinating team! She and BJ will work together to coordinate tours.
- a strong candidate to fill the position of Tour Coordinator in our Israel office,
- continued provision to sustain the tour operations in 2022, if it is God's will
- for the Experience Israel Tour in March 2023 to continue to fill up!
God has been so faithful in providing for the ministry's operating and project costs! We ask that you pray that He will continue to do so in 2022, and that we will be able to bless more Israelis than ever this coming year!
Share this Post